Labels

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Music News: Elvis Blue on tour

Elvis Blue
By Clarissa du Plessis

Idols star Elvis Blue will from 10 July be touring in Cape Town. Elvis chatted to Reaction Entertainment about his music and plans for the future.

You will be embarking on a tour of the Western Cape soon. Did you ever imagine a year ago that you would be touring the province as a super-successful recording artist?
LOL... Not really.I am definitely not complaining though... I have always believed in my abilities and I have always had great hope, but I also know life doesn't always work out the way you hope. I am extremely happy that I have the opportunity to tour the most beautiful part of our country.

Which gig are you looking forward to the most?
Each gig is different... I look forward to them all.

What has the post-Idols experience been like the past couple of months?
Every person who has the opportunity to do what he love is very fortunate.I have been given this opportunity and I am vey thankful for it. The last few months have been a great adventure. 

Your self-titled album has from the start done well in the local music scene. When can we expect the next Elvis Blue album, and how would you envision the next record?
I am writing profusely and we have started pre-production on the album. I hope that we could release the new album in the first part of next year. At this stage the focus is on promoting the third single Save me we have also shot a video for this song. We are also working hard on organizing live performances countrywide.

Check out Elvis at these gigs: 
Event: Elvis Blue Live in Hermanus10 July
Venue: Gecko Bar, Site 24A New Harbour, Hermanus
Ticket Prices: R 60
Doors open at 18:30

Event: Elvis Blue Live in Worcester11 July
Venue: The Damas Theatre, Worcester
Ticket Prices: Visit www.damas.co.za for ticket prices and starting times.

Event: Elvis Blue Live in Durbanville12 July
Venue: Die Boer Teater,
Chenoweth Street
6, Durbanville
Ticket Prices: R 120
For more information call Elsa at 021 979 1911

Event: Elvis Blue Live in Tulbach – 13 July
Venue: The Saronsberg Theatre in Tulbach
Ticket Prices: R 120
For more information call Cliff at 023 230 1782

Event: Elvis Blue Live in Paarl14 July
Venue: Ou Meul Teater,
Meul Street
, Paarl
Ticket Prices: For more information and starting times, call Vicky on 083 564 0056

Event: Elvis Blue Live at the George Cheese Festival – 31 July
Venue: The George Cheese Festival, Mead, George
Ticket Prices: R56 per adults, R30 for children under 13.
Gates open early till late

No comments:

Post a Comment